Post(s) tagged with "stats"
If Djokovic is to extend his stay at No. 1, he must win the Beijing title for a fourth time in order to retain 500 Emirates ATP Rankings points. Should Nadal reach the final, he will once again reach the summit of men’s professional tennis.
Here’s a round-by-round breakdown for the Beijing tournament, starting on 30 September!
Rafael Nadal will win if he:
- Wins more than 48% of 4-9 shot rallies
- Wins more than 63% of points on first serve
- Averages fewer than 6.5 points per game on his own serve
Novak Djokovic will win if he:
- Wins more than 57% of 4-9 shot rallies
- Wins more than 39% of first serve return points
- Hits between 63% and 73% of winners from the forehand
Stats don’t lie.
Win-loss record: 53-3
Hard court record: 15-0
Clay record: 38-2
Grass record: 0-1
Titles: 9 in 12 tournaments (his most since he won 11 in 2005)
Finals: 11 in 12 tournaments
Masters titles: 5 (ties Novak Djokovic’s 2011 haul for most in a season)
Record vs. Top 10: 14-1
ATP Race ranking: No. 1 with 9,010 points